- My Wife and Family: Abigail Salyer is not only the love of my life, but she is also my best friend. Any moment shared together is priceless, and I find out how much I love her every day. At the time of writing this, we are expecting our first in April of 2021.
- Outdoor Adventures/Nature: I love being able to go out on hikes, weekend camping trips, full-week excursions, and anything else that has the outdoors has to offer.
- Specialty Coffee: I am a coffee aficionado and I have no regrets.
- Podcasts and Audio Books: The best way to passively intake information.
- Working out at the gym: #gainsfordays
- Music: Almost any style from any artist. Classical music has been my foundation, but from there I have branched out to other genres and artists.
Through the influence of my parents and the involvement of a gospel-preaching church, at the age of six, I placed my faith in the finished work of Christ on His cross as the payment for my sin against God. There was nothing that I could do to merit any good work in my standing before a holy God, and the only response before Him was repentance and acceptance of His freely offered gift of salvation. My journey of faith has not been easy. I have had many struggles throughout my life but through them, I have found my faith strengthened and settled. My interest in giving Christians positive arguments for the Christian faith and reasonable answers to those that question the veracity of those arguments came from first listening to Ravi Zacharias on the radio during his ministry at RZIM. Since then I have sought to learn as much as I can about other worldviews and why Christianity has stood as a bastion against its critics. It is a great privilege to be able to partner with the CityLight Church Network and reach Seattle and Asheville with the gospel. While serving with the team, I hope to be able to help equip the church to engage the culture in which it is surrounded. I am thrilled to be a part of the leadership team in Asheville and excited to see how God will use CityLight Church in the future!