- Hosting friends and family in our home while we eat together, play games, and laugh until we cry.
- Family date days: These almost always involve going to a specialty coffee shop and Goodwill shopping, but we’ll tag on as much as we can while we’re out. We make it a point to have lots of little family adventures.
- Decorating, decluttering, and organizing our home.
- Being a wife and mother. Apart from Christ, my home and family are my greatest investments, and I absolutely love being able to fully devote myself to their care.
- Shopping with my husband. He actually likes to go shopping with me… really.
- Being in our home. I love to get out and go sometimes, but I’m a homebody at heart.
My parents were both believers in Christ. I did not accept Jesus Christ for myself until I was about 10 or 11. My concept of God and Jesus was that they were the best because that’s what I learned at home and in church growing up. I did not really know what to do with God other than acknowledge that He created everything and that He was the the ultimate being of all time, but I knew Jesus died to save everyone from their sins. I was carefree and young with very few responsibilities, so I did not really see my need for a Savior at the time. I do not think I ever consciously thought, “I don’t need God;” it was more like I just did not have any kind of desire for Him.
All of that changed one evening when I was attending a preaching service with my dad. To this day, I do not remember what the preacher was saying. I just remember sitting in my seat being irritated that I was there. I didn’t want to hear anything he had to say, but at the end of the service I involuntarily burst into tears. I was not sure why, but I knew I wanted to talk to someone. I met with a lady at the front, and she asked me why I came forward. It was as if all the bad I had ever done in my life came to the forefront of my mind, and I realized that the only One who could save me from my sins was Jesus Christ. That night, I chose to accept Him as my personal Savior because I knew He died for my sins so that I did not have to.
Shortly after that night, my desire to get to know God only grew, and I knew I wanted to live my life for Him. I became more involved with my youth group at church and started reading the Bible more consistently on my own to get to know Jesus better.
In the Fall of 2010, I enrolled in Bible College where I studied for full-time ministry. Upon graduating with a three-year degree in Theology, I married my Sweetheart, John. Since then the Lord has blessed us with two beautiful children, Everett and Piper.
The Lord has given my life purpose, and I never feel like I can thank Him enough for how He has blessed me and my family. It is such a privilege to live for Him, and the more I get to know Him the more I love who He is and the more I want to live for Him. I am thrilled to have the opportunity to serve with CityLight and share Jesus with Seattle!