- Coffee! One of my favorite activities is to go to a coffee shop with a good book and just relax.
- Anything outdoors—Rock climbing, hiking, water skiing (which I am horrendous at), and camping. There is just something glorious about spending time enjoying God’s creation! I would definitely call Bethany and me – the adventure type. Random and spontaneous is how we roll. We enjoy turning even difficulty into an adventure.
- I greatly enjoy the gym. I enjoy powerlifting and overall conditioning. Though I am not a certified trainer, I enjoy helping my buddies get in shape and take their fitness to the next level.
- Pretty much anything sport related, I enjoy—well—except golf.
- One thing that Bethany and I enjoy doing is finding hobbies we can do together—Why wouldn’t I want to spend more time with my best friend?
I was born in Virginia, and had the privilege of growing up in a Christian home. My parents were faithful disciples of Christ, and because I grew up in a gospel context it wasn’t long before I recognized my need for Christ. I never will forget my dad coming into my room to discover I was crying. He asked what was wrong, and I told him, in 5-year-old words, that I needed to be saved. My dad opened his Bible and guided me carefully in understanding what it meant to repent and believe in Jesus Christ. That night I not only had tears of grief, but also tears of great joy as the Lord opened my eyes to the truth about Jesus.
Though I was saved at 5, it wasn’t until my teen years that I was able to sit under careful teaching and preaching of God’s Word. I loved to hear my Pastor preach, not only because he was careful to say what God’s Word actually said, but he did it with such passion and conviction. I knew he believed what he was saying, and it ignited a fire in my heart as a young man. I found myself wanting to do what my pastor did – little did I know that God was preparing me to be a pastor.
After high school, I enrolled in a Bible college where I would prepared for Gospel ministry. You may ask, “What was the best thing about Bible College?” Studying the Bible would definitely be at the top of the list. Making lifelong friendships would also be high up there, but I would have to say the best thing was meeting my beautiful wife to be – Bethany! She is totally the best part of the team!
After college, I did a year internship that involved pastoral training, missions work, as well as evangelism. Upon finishing my internship, I married the girl of my dreams, and we began to travel together in itinerate evangelism. For the next four and a half years we traveled all over America preaching and ministering in many churches. We loved traveling and being in so many different places, cultures, and churches, but it was during this time the Lord was cultivating in our hearts a desire to be involved in church planting. We didn’t know to what extent, but it was clear God was preparing to write a new chapter in our life and in our ministry.
With much time in God’s word and in pray, the Lord developed in both of our heart not only a desire for church planting but a desire to plant churches in Seattle, WA. We are pumped, excited as well as anxious. But we know that God is with us, and nothing is impossible with Him.