Our Basic Beliefs
- Bible — We believe that the Bible is God’s Word and is completely true, without error. The Bible is our sole authority for faith and practice.
2 Timothy 2:16-17, 2 Peter 1:21
- God — We believe there is one true God, who is eternal and the Creator of all. He exists in three distinct persons: The Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit.
Genesis 1:1, Colossians 1:16, 2 Corinthians 13:14, Matthew 28:19
- Christ — We believe that Jesus Christ is the eternal Son of God, who took on the form of man at his incarnation. He was born of a virgin and is fully God and fully man.
John 1:1-4, Philippians 2:6-8, Matthew 1:23
- Atonement — We believe in the vicarious atonement of Christ by his shed blood on the cross, and his bodily resurrection from the dead.
Romans 3:24, 1 Corinthians 15:3-4
- Resurrection and Ascension — We believe that, after His resurrection, Jesus ascended to heaven and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God. He will literally come a second time to the earth to rule and reign as King.
Acts 1:9-11, Psalm 110:1-2, Ephesians 1:20, Matthew 26:64
- Man — We believe that man is totally depraved and therefore unable to save himself.
Romans 3:10, 19-20, 23
- Salvation — We believe that one is saved by grace alone, through faith alone, in Christ alone, for the glory of God alone.
Ephesians 2:8-9, Ephesians 1:6, 12, 14, John 14:6, Acts 4:12
- Eternal Security — We believe that once a person is in Christ, he is eternally secure.
John 10:28, Romans 8:28-39, Philippians 1:6
- Discipleship — We believe that upon conversion, a believer is to be baptized by immersion and become part of a local church where he can be discipled and learn to make disciples.
Matthew 28:18-20, 1 Corinthians 12:13-26
- The Local Church — We believe that the church was instituted by Christ himself, and is the means of advancing his kingdom by making disciples of all the nations.
Matthew 16:18, Acts 1:8, Matthew 28:18-20, Luke 24:46-48
- Man’s Purpose — We believe the chief end of man is to glorify God and to enjoying him forever.
Ecclesiastes 12:13, Romans 11:36, 1 Corinthians 1:31, 10:31
Beyond the Basics